Senior Motion Designer
Make Studio is currently seeking a talented and experienced Motion Designer to join our highly creative team. As a Motion Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design of national and international client projects, collaborating closely with our Creative Director to deliver outstanding creative solutions for premium brands.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of at least 5 years of industry experience within a creative agency. They should possess an expert level of knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator applications. Your portfolio will clearly exemplify why you are a great designer and you’ll have the ambition to want to be in a growing team producing exemplary creative solutions.
As an experienced Motion Designer, you will bring a wealth of expertise and knowledge to the role, allowing you to handle the demands of complex projects efficiently. Your unique perspective and leadership skills will help you contribute to a collaborative and creative team culture and manage client relationships to ensure that the project meets the client's needs and expectations.
Be responsible for designing exceptional creative work, performing the following tasks and roles:
- Working closely with the Creative Director to develop motion graphics content including illustrations, schematics, videos, animation and infographics
- Help in the ideation and conceptualization of content based on the client brief
- Design storyboards and animation sketches
- Continuously enhance technical knowledge in motion graphics software packages and tools
- Support the design team when necessary with graphic design and light art working
- 5+ years agency experience in the motion graphics/design industry
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite experience - Illustrator, After-Effects, and Premiere Pro are essential)
- 3D Software is a bonus, but not a requirement, but an understanding of the principles is required
- Mac literate (essential)
- Superb art direction, animation and motion design experience
- Experience and knowledge of design principles and best practices
- Deep understanding of typography and colour and motion
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work under tight timelines
- Portfolio showcasing strong design/animation work and keyframing ability
- Strong sense of visual storytelling, composition, and experience with storyboarding
- Collaborative team player that is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback from teammates, support with additional work when required
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- A resourceful creative thinker
- Great team player and leader
- Proven track record of being able to deliver quality animation against tight and complex deadlines
- Ability to deliver multiple and competing work priorities and demands
- Passionate and open minded
Qualifications and Experience:
- Design related degree or equivalent (preferably Motion Graphics).
- Minimum 5 years agency experience
As well as a competitive salary we offer our employees:
- Earlier afternoon finish most Fridays
- Premium Spotify accounts for all staff
- Free tea, coffee, biscuits, Fruit and Nuts
- Birthday lunch on the Agency
- Vitality Healthcare
- Beautiful, creative working environment by the sea!
- Must enjoy the company of the studio dogs.
To apply, just send us an email. Make Studio nurtures and promotes exceptional talent. We are excited by meeting creative people with incredible capabilities. If you have what it takes, tell us what life with you at Make Studio could be like.
Details of the salary and incentives package available on request. Role-based in our Bournemouth office.
UK work permit holders only.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.