Houdini Character or Environments Technical Director
About the Company
Synthesis AI enables the world’s most advanced AI companies to build more powerful and ethical computer vision. The company’s synthetic data and simulation platform was recently recognized as a Top 10 Breakthrough Technology by MIT Tech Review and ranked #4 on Fast Company’s Global List of Most Innovative Small Companies. Synthesis AI is an ambitious team of technologists, researchers, creatives, and product designers driving a paradigm change in AI.
Through a proprietary combination of generative neural networks and cinematic CGI pipelines, Synthesis’ on-demand platform creates vast amounts of perfectly-labeled image data to train AI models at orders of magnitude increased speed and reduced cost.
Current customers include Fortune 10 companies, top smartphone manufacturers, global technology enterprises, and leading AR/VR/metaverse companies.
Learn more about Synthesis AI here.
About the Job
Synthesis AI is looking for a Senior Houdini Generalist, Technical Artist, or Character Technical Director to join our growing Technical Art department. As part of our avatar tech art team, you will be responsible for using Houdini tools (SOPs, KineFX, shaders, etc) to create procedural solutions for improving our proprietary digital character creator, capable of synthesizing millions of unique characters/avatars for a variety of customer verticals.
The impact you will have:
- Build procedural KineFX rigs
- Create and maintain procedural workflows/node-graphs for asset or scene generation
- Built HDAs and tools to aid other artists and workflows
- Partner with back-end departments to maintain and improve the CG geometry (USD) pipeline
- CG Generalist tasks, such as modeling, surfacing and look-dev
What we look for:
- At least 10 years of AAA game or feature film VFX experience in a similar role
- Strong experience with SideFX Houdini (specifically KineFX, SOPs and PDG)
- Strong demonstrable experience with character rigging
- Experience with Pixar’s USD and VFX/game-dev geometry pipelines
- Working knowledge of procedural modeling
- Ability to create/maintain Houdini HDAs
- Bonus: experience with asset generation for use in game engines
- Health insurance coverage for employees, including vision, dental, and family coverage
- Extended vacation time
- Parental leave
- Competitive salary
- Remote flexibility