I hail from the 'Land of Enchantment' (New Mexico) where we love our red sandstone, red sunsets, and red (or green) hatch chile.
With a Navajo heritage steeped in storytelling running through my veins I love to contribute to stories, especially animated films.
My passion for cinematography and cartoons led me to CG lighting, and after a major (mechanical engineering) change and one rejection I was accepted into BYU's animation program.
Upon graduation I was given a chance to develop my skills at Reel FX Creative Studios in Dallas, TX, working on films such as 'Free Birds', 'The Book of Life', and 'Rock Dog' and numerous commercials and VR projects.
In my spare time I like to draw and digital paint, and currently I'm devoting more time to develop these skills further.
I am grateful and lucky to work with such creative and talented people and I'm always looking to further develop my skills and meet more creatives.
Despicable Me Motion Ride - Universal Studios Florida
Center of Animation, BYU
January 2010 - October 2011
Art Director & Lighting Lead
BYU Royden G. Derrick Planetarium
August 2009 - April 2011
· Lead planning, execution, and improvements on all aspects of 3d animation
· Created lighting rig for texture artists
· Lit, rendered, and composited final scenes
· Create animatic
· Directed design of concept art
· Create camera layout for Venus sequence
Character Design Intern
May 2009 - August 2009
· Designed male hero and female villain in comic book style
· Collaborated on story boards for future projects