Technical Director - Materials and Shading
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Technical Director with experience in GLSL and HLSL shader development and a knowledge of both Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Unreal Engine 5 (UE5). You’ll be working with a range of our clients across projects that include synthetic data creation, animation production, and systems and tools, supporting next-generation XR devices.
At DigitalFish you can expect to encounter a broad set of clients and projects over time. DigitalFish has worked with many partners including Activision, Meta, Google, LEGO, NASA, Technicolor, Pixar, Disney, Apple, and DreamWorks.
Ideal candidates will have 4-6 years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Represent DigitalFish as a trusted domain expert in creating materials and shaders in a real-time environment
- Develop new techniques to represent non-photorealistic styles
- Work with the Art Director to capture the vision of the concept art
- Train and support UE artists in a fast paced production environment
- Document material inputs, shading libraries, tools and common practices
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 4-6 years production work experience in games, film, television, and/or other digital media
- Proficient use of GLSL, HLSL or similar shading language
- Experienced with UE4 and UE5 shader pipelines
- Proficient in linear algebra, with practical knowledge of graphics math including matrix transformations
- Familiarity with real-time graphics methods and constraints
- Experience with agile development practices, source control, QA processes
- Excellent communication skills to work with multi-functional teams
- Knowledge of compute shaders a plus
- Distributed team development experience a plus
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
Remote work, West Coast time zone preferred.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!