Technical Animator / Artist
Prisms Of Reality
Prisms is looking for a technical animator / artist with strong Unity knowledge to support in animating and programming humanoid 3D characters. A commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product is essential.
- Animate Prisms character's body movements and facial expressions
- Script animation controllers and set up proper in-engine logic for the character animation flow
- Adjust character rigging, if needed
- Develop and maintain procedural workflows and in-engine tooling for animation to ensure fast iteration times
- Design and adhere to standards and specifications that are consistent with project vision and brand aesthetics
- Respond to guidance, feedback, and review from the rest of the development team
- Work closely with the development team to support in their development cycle
- Proficiency with either iClone or Houdini (strongly preferred), or any other major DCC.
- Intermediate C# skills in Unity
- Knowledge of animation optimization for mobile VR
- Basic knowledge of rigging
- Knowledge of Git and version control practices
- Highly motivated and skilled at both working individually and collaborating with a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong design sense for visual details
Nice To Have
- Mocap experience (recording and cleaning)
- Shader writing knowledge
- Understanding of essential game design and user experience principles
- Showcases in-game humanoid animations
- Demonstrates unity experience (examples of implemented animation controllers and procedural animations in the project)
- Demonstrates a procedural approach to the animation work
Prisms of Reality is an SF and NYC-based team of educators, game developers, and engineers transforming K12 STEM education through experiential real-world problem-solving. We utilize adaptive Virtual Reality (VR) to engage, inspire, and open pathways to creative problem-solving through Math. Our mission is to break down barriers to access and build STEM proficiencies at scale for all students, worldwide.
We are rapidly expanding our team to fast-track the impact of our student-facing VR content libraries and educator-facing data tools to make VR a mainstay in the K-12 classroom.
Equal Opportunity Workplace
Prisms is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status, or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy apply to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.