One Animation is seeking a highly experienced, and self-motivated Senior/Lead Rigger to join our award-winning studio. The Senior/Lead Rigger’s primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the rigging team, ensuring that highly versatile and efficient rigs are well designed, implemented and maintained.
The Senior/Lead Rigger will work closely with the CG Supervisor, Lead Animators and Lead Modelers to produce high quality rigs and tools for our animation pipeline.
- Oversee the daily operations of the rigging team
- In conjunction with the CG supervisor, is responsible for mentoring, managing, developing and training the rigging team members
- Oversee rigging through the animation pipeline
- Develop tools and plug-ins to optimize animation and rigging workflow
- Troubleshoot and fix rig issues, collect artistic feedback and fine-tune rig behavior
- Provide technical support for the animation team
- Must be able to script in Python and Mel
- Must be comfortable with PYSIDE
- Ensure that all rigs are built in accordance with our philosophy, are technically sound, and completed on schedule
- Strong understanding of human anatomy, proportion, scale and perspective
- Must be able to create robust and clean deformations
- 5 years of relevant industry experience in television, video games or film for the Senior Rigger role, and 8 years of relevant industry experience in television, video games or film for the Lead Rigger role
- An emphasis on creating truly efficient rigs that calculate fast
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong team player with good communication skills and ability to facilitate resources across departments and divisions
- Self-motivated and mature attitude with strong discipline and work ethic
- Knowledge of C++ a plus
Please send in your reel showcasing your rigging skills & work samples.