FLoating Rock Studio
We are seeking a highly organized and experienced Show Production Manager to join our wonderful and talented team at Floating Rock. The Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing the scheduling, resource forecasting, and progress reporting for their assigned shows, across all departments. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a large show or a significant proportion of a show, as well as a deep understanding of scheduling tools and processes.
- Manage the scheduling and resource forecasting for their shows, identifying key shortfalls and anticipating surplus crew scenarios
- Proactively identify issues and risks and act as a problem-solving resolution point for these within the company and in conjunction with clients and vendors
- Ensure a comprehensive schedule is built, maintained and tracked through to final delivery
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to plan resource requirements and ensure the schedule is on track and that risks and changes are communicated clearly and in good time
- Ensure weekly departmental progress reports are delivered to the leadership team in the form of tasks completed, resource plan updates, and schedule updates
- Approve artist and production leave and formulate coverage plans for any artist absence to ensure project targets are not compromised
- Act as the main point of contact with clients, prepare documentation including project proposals and NDAs, and ensure these are delivered and co-signed before commencement of project-based work
- Ensure all internal budget tracking documents and Production Finance/Accounts teams are kept up to date regarding vendor bids and scope/budget changes
- Delegate effectively and provide mentoring to Production Coordinators and Assistants
- Responsible for organizing review sessions, taking notes, and keeping database up to date.
Essential Skills For The Role:
- Proven scheduling experience and knowledge of scheduling tools, ideally database knowledge
- A good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Organized and able to multi-task, especially with regards to fielding queries from, and providing updates to multiple groups
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Calm and personable under pressure and when working to tight deadlines
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience at a VFX coordinator level
- Salary Range: NZD $87,000 - $97,000 annually
- Contractor but potential for full-time employment
- Hybrid work
Our office is located in Miramar, Wellington. We would prefer applicants to be locally based to allow for close collaboration while go through our growth spurt at the moment, but are open to remote applications with some overlap in time zones to New Zealand.
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive individual with a strong ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced adapting environment. If you are a highly organized and driven individual with a passion for delivering exceptional results, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as another Rockie with Floating Rock!
Please submit your resume to apply.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.