Nike World Headquarters
Position initially for 2 months with the possibility of extending for a full year (14 months total).
About the job:
The VFX Pipeline Engineer is responsible for crafting 3D and pipeline tools, techniques and procedures to aid the execution of projects and advance the capabilities of the Capture & Modeling team. This person will design, develop, and support proprietary tools that enable our team to more efficiently develop assets for product creation partners.
This is a unique opportunity to join NXT Digital Product Creation (DPC), a team of digital designers, software engineers, 3D modelers, among other digital innovators, tasked to examine the end-to-end product lifecycle to identify ways in which technology and software may intervene or disrupt to accelerate innovation.
What you'll do:
- Convert our existing Plastic SCM solution to a brand-new Perforce installation. You will partner with our tech team to install and create the depots; you will collaborate with our art team to migrate existing assets to the new infrastructure
- Build, maintain and support custom tools, templates, and scripts; you will identify areas of innovation and automation
- Support Digital Innovators and other creatives with 3D-related tasks
- Understand product requirements and translate them into intelligently scoped development projects
- Integrate off-the-shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Create technical and end user documentation for assets, tools, techniques and workflows
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of studio software and systems while keeping up to date with evolving industry standards
- Work with a separate development team to integrate tools and connect pipelines into larger systems
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years industry experience as a 3D Pipeline TD
- Knowledge of Perforce setup and maintenance or other SCM tools such as Plastic (critical)
- Extensive experience developing tools for Maya, Houdini, and other DCC’s
- Extensive experience scripting using Python, PyQt, MEL, and C#
- Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, ShotGrid/Shotgun, and Omniverse a plus
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.