Modeler/Texture Artist - Hard Surface
We have an upcoming freelance/contract-based position for an experienced 3D modeler and texture artist specializing in organic forms - natural objects like coral, seaweed, animals, trees, etc. In addition, we're looking for people who are comfortable with hard surface modeling of architecture and texturing for materials like wood, concrete, metal, etc. The position will begin immediately and last several months. As a 3D modeler you will be responsible for creating virtual objects, as well as creating and applying their final texture & UV. You will be breathing life into sketches and concept art. You will be working collaboratively in a team with other talented artists and technicians. You must be well versed with industry standard 3D modeling programs and tools. Good spatial skills and a well honed sense of design will help you succeed.
- Create and manage digital assets
- Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual characters, environmental elements, and props
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models based on feedback from team members
- Optimize, refine and correct model geometry
- Work with artists, animators and programmers to execute projects on time
- Create textures and UV maps
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Mari, Substance Painter, etc.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Fast and efficient
- Experience with Redshift Render workflow
- Familiarity with animation techniques and pipeline
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 3D design and modeling
Mousetrappe produces some of the most complex and entertaining architecturally mapped projection nighttime spectaculars for top-tier theme parks worldwide and also delivers award-winning world-renowned media experiences in a variety of venues globally.
Led by a team of multi award-winning creative and technological talent, Mousetrappe’s spectacular experiences magically entertain millions of visitors — day after day, night after night.