Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies VFX
MARZ (Monsters Aliens Robots and Zombies Inc.) is a Toronto-based VFX studio focusing on premium TV series. We deliver feature-film quality on TV timelines via proprietary AI software. Located at 1120 Dundas St. E. in Toronto, Ontario (M4M 1S3), we are currently looking for a Lighting Artist (NOC 5241) for our 1120 Dundas St. E. work location.
This is a full-time English-language permanent position at 40-hours per week with a salary of $26.22 per hour in addition to dental and medical benefits and 20 day of vacation days annually (8%).
The Lighting Artist interprets artwork and creates 3D representations that reflects the original intent of the MARZ designers and directors while respecting the technical requirements of the project.
- Working with Lighting Supervisor to optimize rendering setups in order to reduce render time and increase fidelity;
- Debugging problematic scenes and helping develop solutions/workarounds;
- Undertaking ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines;
- Using Python tool prototyping and development for internal lighting tools;
- Running software version tests including qualifying and debugging and beta testing new pipeline and farm tools/workflows;
- Wrangling assets or elements of a shot from another department to ensure shots are completed to schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation or equivalent work experience;
- Good understanding of color-space;
- Basic knowledge of physically plausible shading techniques;
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail;
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality results;
- Able to work successfully as part of a team as well as independently.
Contact info: 1220 Dundas St E., Toronto, ON M4M 1S3 - email@example.com 416 840 5556