Houdini Technical Support
As a member of the Houdini Technical Support team, you will be responsible for providing Houdini technical support to our customers on a flexible schedule occasionally including evenings and weekends during periods of high work volumes.
Please note that a valid proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination series is an employment requirement.
Key duties & Responsibilities
- Responding to our client's questions about how to use the Houdini 3D animation software by:
- Creating clear and detailed example files in Houdini, that are tailored to each client’s needs. Building .hip files to show our clients the best ways to create: fluid effects; rigid body dynamics simulations; cloth and soft body simulations; volume effects of smoke, fire, clouds and water; procedural generation of terrains and large cities.
- Assisting clients in creating HDAs for use in game engines (Unreal and Unity).
- Advising on how new versions of our software function.
- Assisting clients in using our proprietary software license generation system. Our licensing system is home-made and unknown to new customers. Support assists a large number of Houdini customers with licensing and installation issues.
- Providing support to our clients with the setup of their studio networks and render farms. Giving advice on how to manage Houdini files, and all the remote assets.
- Working jointly with our sales team to determine what combination of our software products best suit our clients’ needs.
- Communicating with our R&D team, providing feedback on areas of the software that are causing difficulties to our customers, and possible enhancements. Testing and reporting software bugs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good understanding of the various Houdini editors, and ability to work throughout the Houdini package.
- Familiarity with installing software on Linux, Windows and OSX.
- Experience with making and using Houdini assets in Unreal and Unity.
- Ability to explain complex procedures in a detailed, clear, and understandable fashion.
- Knowledge of the production process used in a studio environment. The understanding of how Houdini fits into the production pipeline.
- Strong multitasking skills to juggle many cases at one time.
- Must be able to work weekends and evening hours. This can be done from a remote location.
- Very organized.
- Collaborative nature that enjoys working closely with others.
- Positive and enthusiastic manner, that always keeps the customer needs at the forefront.
For over thirty years, SideFX has been providing artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools, designed to produce the highest-quality cinematic results. We are passionate about what our customers do because our roots are in production, both as artists and as pioneering technical innovators.
SideFX has been recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Science multiple times - including an Oscar® - for the development of our Houdini software, and it's breakthrough procedural-based technology.
Houdini is used by the world’s top film, TV, and game studios to create blockbuster movies such as Black Panther, Moana, Spider-Man, The Lion King and Godzilla vs. Kong, captivating TV shows like The Crown, Game of Thrones and S.W.A.T., and video games like Ghost Recon, Far Cry and Age of Empires. Our customers include Disney Feature Animation, Pixar, Sony Picture Imageworks, Weta Digital, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Game Studios, and many more.
What We Value Most:
- Decency: We treat everyone with honesty, kindness and empathy. We give generously of our time and knowledge.
- Relationships: We build collaborative bonds, with our co-workers and clients, based on trust and respect. Our diverse team gives us broader perspectives.
- Dedication: We take pride and ownership in our work, always trying to do our best. We are devoted to the well-being and success of each other and our clients.
- Excellence: We continually improve ourselves, our work and our company, striving towards excellence in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Hybrid Work option - A great office in Downtown Toronto (right across from Union Station) with the flexibility to work from home. You can help us test out our Hybrid Pilot Project.
- 3 weeks’ vacation to relax and re-energize.
- Health insurance coverage including a Health Service Spending Account (HSSA only for Canadian employees), for you and your dependants (only permanent employees).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); because sometimes we need a bit of extra help.
- Retirement Plan with company-matched contributions (only permanent employees).
- A highly competitive bonus structure (only permanent employees).
- A generous sick time entitlement, to care for yourself and your loved ones.
Why join SideFX?
- Because you want to be part of a unique experience, and winning team, that has won an Oscar and an Emmy.
- Because you want to be part of an industry-leading company, that is constantly and mindfully growing.
- Because you want to work with some of the most talented people in the industry, on a ground-breaking product.
- Because you want to work with people from all around the world.
- Because you want to be part of an exciting and fun industry.
- Because you want to join and add to a positive, supportive, and respected company culture.
- Because you want your job to be GREAT!
Visit https://www.sidefx.com/careers/ for a full list of our current job openings.
SideFX is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities, upon request.