Compositor/After Effects Artist
A Productions are looking for an experienced Compositor to work on an exciting new 3D/2D animated pre-school series. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio.
A Productions ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
- To create final shot output files, using After Effects, for delivery to edit from a variety of 3D output layers.
- Work with the Director and Animation Director to create motion graphics and VFX where required e.g sparkles, glows and custom transitions.
- Ensure consistency and continuity across all episodes and shots.
- To collaborate with other departments to ensure the content meets the expectations of quality, consistency and style required by the production.
- Incorporate any technical fixes and creative and logistical feedback as requested.
- Update tracking documents in an appropriate and timely manner.
Essential skills and experience
- At least 2 years of proven experience of working in the television/film industry (broadcast series experience preferred).
- Must be highly skilled, passionate and have accomplished observational skills, coupled with a strong understanding of the animation pipeline.
- Strong ability to focus, attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of continuity.
- Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment with the ability to communicate across platforms to producer finished offline episodes.
- Full Time : 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
- Contract: Fixed term
- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: May 2023
- End Date: November 2023
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
As a studio we are committed to supporting our crew as much as we can during these challenging working environments. As such we have a dedicated welfare manager who is available to all crew for one-to-one support and a wellbeing day once a month where the studio is shut from 1pm (in addition to your holiday allowance).
Send your CV and cover letter (together with showreel if applicable) thru email.
Make sure to state the job you’re applying for in the subject line and mention in your application where you saw this job advertised.
If applying using a Hotmail email address, please check your Junk folder for replies after the closing date.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.