Are you yearning for your next animated project? A project that’s longer than a few months? Are you tired of being part of huge team where you feel just a gear in the process? Or are you a lead artist looking for a step up in your career? Join arx anima, a multiple award-winning studio! We are looking for you; a Compositing supervisor who will be working hand in hand with the Director of Photography and the Lighting Supervisor in order to create an extraordinary team.
We are arx anima based in Vienna's 5th district and have been producing animation cinema productions for years. We also have the courage to try every new technical challenge and innovation.
Be it the realization of a high-end MoCap studio in our basement or the construction of the largest render farm in Austria. And besides all the R&D, features and series we love to work on creatively animated commercials and other service work. For example, we just revived Mozart through an immersive 360° art projection about Vienna in his era.
Besides the technical and artistic understanding expected from a Compositing supervisor, we’re looking for someone striving to be a leader by example, by putting the needs of your team in the center and leveraging their strengths. Are you comfortable creating timelines for your team that are realistic yet efficient? Do you, eventually, have a strong TD background? Do you want to make a difference rather than being a number out of many? You’re a great communicator and an even better problem solver? You envision new workflows and processes, and ideas are an inspiration to your team and, as generic as it sounds, think outside the box? Well, it’s you we’re looking for.
You will be part of the Team producing DIE HEINZELS - NEUE MÜTZEN, NEUE MISSION - The sequel of the already very successful movie: DIE HEINZELS - Rückkehr der Heinzelmännchen. Together with Seru Animation & Akkord we’ll produce this movie set for release in the third quarter of 2024. Learn more about the Movie here.
- produce compositing template and key shot
- review and feedback output from your team
- organize the workload (in collaboration with the PM)
- define workflows for your department
Soft skills needed:
- Very organized
- Communication skills
- Great at planning
- Payment: Day Rate - starting at 250€ but willing to increase depending on experience
- Date: 03.2023 - 07.2024 - Part time for the first 6-7 months; full time after that (We have a ton of projects in the pipeline. If you enjoy your time at arx anima we like to migrate our talent to some of our next projects!)
- Weekly hours: 10-20h/week in the beginning, later 40h/week.
Why work with arx anima and not anywhere else?
Besides our lovely studio with a beautiful sunny courtyard filled with tables and chairs for a perfect lunch break at arx you’ll get:
- Bonuses and discount codes from the gym to shopping
- Regular parties that besides pizza and beer also come with great company
- Obviously coffee and little snacks & vitamins
- And most importantly: work experience on some of the biggest animation projects in Europe, which you’ll benefit from in your career
So what are you waiting for?
Want to be part of our team?
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.