The Compositing Supervisor plays a key role in driving the overall direction of the 2D department in the production of a Visual effect. He/she will be responsible for the quality control of the compositing work, ensures that project-specific requirements are met and that the general objectives set by Edi are achieved.
The compositing Supervisor manages the compositing team assigns to a project, ensures the quality of the work and contributes to the development of the compositing pipeline. In addition to managing the project as a whole, the Compositing Supervisor also monitors each shot. To do so, the Compositing Supervisor works closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and the Producer.
The overall aim for the Compositing Supervisor is to build and lead a team that is motivated and enthusiastic, who will create extraordinary images and take advantage of the production environment to gain experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with production to bid and schedule work.
- Direct task to junior/mid/senior level artist and crew shots appropriately to their level of expertise.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the work of the team as a whole.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with all other VFX and support departments.
- Attend client reviews and lead daily reviews with the Compositing team.
- Balance the creative and technical aspects of each shot/sequence.
- Solve any difficult technical and artistic compositing challenges of a shot or sequence.
- Take a leadership role in guiding the longer-term goals of the 2D department, covering both building up a team of Compositors as well as 2D pipeline development, including taking into account stereoscopic projects.
- On set VFX supervision for (but not limited to) 2D based projects.
- Previous experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills (with immediate team and other departments of the visual effect pipeline).
- Deep understanding of film VFX processes and pipeline.
- Knowledge and experience in stereoscopic projects – native and post stereo.
- Knowledge of OCIO.
- Several years experience in Compositing predominantly in film or TV and commercials.
- Expert user of Nuke plus other compositing software.
- Critical eye for detail and a beautiful compositing showreel.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Proven artist management and leadership skills.
- Highly organized.
- Lighting photography core skills.
- On set VFX supervision experience.
- Python or TCL programming skills.
Euro 50.000 - 80.000 / Year Gross Salary
- FULL MEDICAL INSURANCE (INDIVIDUAL OR FOR FAMILIES)
- 1 MONTH FREE ACCOMODATION
- PAID FLIGHT TO TENERFIE
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE FOR WORK VISA / NIE/ FISCAL RESIDENCE
- ASSISTANCE FOR PERMANENT ACCOMODATION RESEARCH, BANK AND SCHOOL
- FIRST LEGAL AND TAX INCOME CONSULTING
- GUIDE and ASSISTANCE TO ALL THE INSTITUTIONAL AND PRIVATE SERVICES THAT THE CANDIDATE MAY NEED TO START UP IN TENERIFE, INCLUDING LEISURE AND WEEKEND ACTIVITIES.
** FOR CANDIDATES FROM SPAIN MAINLAND: 75% DISCOUNT ON ALL NATIONAL FLIGHTS TO AND FROM TENERIFE.
*** FOR NON-SPANISH CANDIDATES: CAP OF 19% ON PERSONAL INCOME TAX WITHHOLDINGS (BECKAM LAW.
Our work is featured on worldwide projects and enjoyed by high profile clients such as Netflix, Apple, Sony, Lionsgate, Paramount and HBO just to name a few.
Our style is hands-on, we enjoy collaboration and encourage both diversity and novel ideas from every person we work with.
And we have Big News! As we expand and grow alongside the film industry we are stoked to announce the opening of a new studio location: Tenerife Island.
22DOGS Tenerife is recruiting now, with open positions of all levels and specialty, from artists to production.
You will have the chance to be a part of the core team in the Film and Episodic department, helping us shape and define our projects while living in one of the most amazing European locations.
Tenerife, an amazing location. Sunlight: 4000 hours / year. The most daylight hours of anywhere else in Europe. 7493 sq.m of a wide range of very different and amazing locations from beaches to forests to volcanoes! 23 º Celsius Average year-round. One of the best weathers in the world. Connected and Safe: easy to reach thanks to international daily flights and 2 airports. Medical assistance: high level of public sanitary system and top standard of private medical centers. Culture, entertainment, water and mountain sports at your fingertips.
We would like you to be a part of our future! We’re looking for artists that want to make a difference not only quality wise but also with their invaluable inputs. We value your eyes and mind above all, and we’re ready to listen to bring the studio to new heights in this fantastic new opportunity.
So, apply now and become a part of our core team. Check out job listings and benefits below.