Surfing Giant Studios
Surfing Giant Europe is looking for an experienced Compositing Artist to join our talented team and work on a high-profile Disney Junior Series, “Hey A.J”, which will be appearing on the Disney Jr. Channel and Disney+.
The successful compositor candidate will:
- Previous experience of working on high profile animated series or in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years.
- Proficiency compositing in Adobe After Effects (shadows, lighting, particle systems, applying FX) as well as intermediate Photoshop skills.
- Experience working within a Toon Boom Harmony pipeline, with a solid understanding of the node view and rendering.
- Creative vision and understanding of cinematography and colour theory. Ability to follow styles and instructions set by the leads but with the room to improvise, experiment and show initiative.
- A solution driven attitude towards both personal workload and collaborating with the rest of the team. Continuously finding ways to improve processes, for ease and efficiency while remaining positive, receptive, and adaptable to change. Good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, ability to self-QC finished shots, ensuring that they are in line with the established production style, with correct continuity and in line with the Director’s brief.
- To have experience working with tracking software, ftrack specifically would be a bonus.
- Receptive and responsive to retakes from the Comp Supervisor as well as the Directorial team and client feedback.
- Reports to the Compositing Supervisor.
Please send applications while stating the role you are applying for & your full name in the SUBJECT box, along with link containing your most recent portfolio/CV. Tests may be required for applicants.