Character Animator - Animals
We are searching for character animators to join our team here at Mousetrappe! We're looking for animation magicians that can bring the spark of life to our tableau of animal characters. The ideal candidates will understand the kinetics of motion, the nuances of performance, and the technical rigors of the production pipeline. Working in a collaborative environment, this position offers a chance for candidates to exhibit their creativity and technical skill. As this is a small studio environment, animators must feel comfortable trouble-shooting their own technical problems to a degree as there is limited full-time technical support. The position is freelance/project-based and would run for about 8 weeks beginning asap.
- Character animation of aquatic creatures
- Create and manage digital assets
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Interpret storyboard illustrated creative with refined character performance
- Work collaboratively with team to execute projects on time
- Manage shots with extremely long timelines
- Expert level knowledge of Maya, able to trouble-shoot basic technical problems without staff support
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Fast and efficient
- Familiarity with full animation techniques and pipeline
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in character animation, must have previous examples of animal work
Mousetrappe produces some of the most complex and entertaining architecturally mapped projection nighttime spectaculars for top-tier theme parks worldwide and also delivers award-winning world-renowned media experiences in a variety of venues globally.
Led by a team of multi award-winning creative and technological talent, Mousetrappe’s spectacular experiences magically entertain millions of visitors — day after day, night after night.