CG Generalist (3ds Max / Maya)
Refuge Visual Effects
In the land of craft beer, craft coffee and craft doughnuts, we
craft the visual effects of film and television. Refuge uses tools of science to make pieces of art. A CG-focused visual effects studio in Portland, OR, we are a self-described “Monster Shop” specializing in the creation of creatures, FX, and the world building that bring these shows to life.
FREELANCE CG GENERALIST
Refuge currently has opportunities for CG Generalists of all skill
levels working in 3ds Max. Artists working in Maya will be considered, but only for on-site roles in order to better integrate with our studio pipeline. Ideal candidates can fall anywhere from recent graduates from a school or technical program to veteran artists with several years of experience under their belt who are continuing to master the arts of modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, and rendering. Open positions are contract-based, starting right away (April 2022) or as soon as possible and running through at least July/August 2022. Potential opportunities for full-time retention and relocation assistance exist for the right candidates.
SALARY RANGE - DOE
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proficiency in 3ds Max. Maya generalists will be considered
for candidates who can work on location, but for all remote applicants we’re looking exclusively for 3ds Max experience.
- At least a year of previous industry experience or education in Visual Effects for television, feature film, commercials, or gaming.
- Strong modeling/texturing, rigging, animation, and lighting
- Proven ability to create photo-real CG imagery for assets and
- Familiarity and proficiency with the following software is
strongly preferred: ZBrush, Substance, VRay, Phoenix, tyFlow, Render Stacks, RP Manager, and Shotgun asset tracking. Any experience with 3D tracking software is also a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Clear, reliable, and effective communication with your supervisor and teammates are essential.
- The ability to work self-sufficiently within a fast-paced
production pipeline, combining creative problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skill with a critical eye for detail to consistently deliver high-quality results.
- We want artists who can take supervisor direction, accurately estimate time and scope of work, and effectively prioritize tasks to finish shots on time.
- Residency in the state of Oregon and Portland, specifically, is strongly preferred, but offsite work is possible with our current remote work pipeline. (A relocation assistance package may be provided for the right candidates.)
- This position would be for immediate hire. Please submit a
resume, cover letter, and reel as part of your application.