The Art Director role is integral to the creative output of the Art Department. The role primarily involves developing and expanding upon the design style for the series and requires both 3D and 2D technical skills.
- Creative and imaginative input to the design work of concepts, locations and props with a full set of technical drawings, where required, to support the model for delivery to the animation studio.
- To work alongside the creative team with close contact with the Series Director.
- Read through final scripts and view animatics to ensure the required assets lists are up to date and correct.
- Work closely with the production team to schedule workloads and prioritise key design work.
- Attending and leading design reviews with the Directors, acting swiftly on feedback.
Skills and experience:
- Experience working in 3D environments with a strong creative vision and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficient in Photoshop and a good understanding of design for a CG production.
- Illustrated concept art experience is a plus.
- Must understand how to work to scale.
- Must be able to create free hand sketches of both props and location assets.
- Must be self motivated and work without supervision.
- The ability to research ideas for locations and props and clearly communicate those ideas to the team.
- Strong organisational skills.
Location: Helsinki, Finland or Bristol, UK. We are happy to discuss hybrid or remote working.
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: November 2022
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.