I have been designing beautiful and usable websites for over 7 years. I have tackled everything from large scale online publications to international hotel chain websites to conference websites to personal blogs. I believe that every interface can tell a story and inspire interaction.
July 2012 - Present
September 2009 - July 2012
As art director and design lead for projects, I created compelling user experiences while engineering collaborative, efficient internal processes. To streamline efforts internally and for clients, I interfaced directly with clients to set expectations, understand goals, and ultimately deliver exceptionally intuitive designs in minimal iterations. Highlights:
• Designed interfaces for our own products, including OpenPublish and OpenPublic
• Art directed and designed projects for The National Basketball Association, US Chamber of Commerce, and others.
Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston Universi
August 2008 - August 2011
Board of Directors- Website Ch
The Art Directors Club of Metro Washington DC
January 2008 - August 2009
Spearheaded design efforts for high-profile client projects including National Geographic Glimpse Magazine and Choice Hotels International Scandinavia. Led design consultation for Launchbox Digital incubator startup candidates. Highlights:
• Designed for online products including Speakerrate, Ruby Hack Night, and Connect-a-Sketch
• Recruited junior designers whose work later won awards
• Saved money by establishing a company-wide design process to reduce iterations
• Shared knowledge about industry trends through internal presentations and blogging
Art directed web initiatives for Quaker Snack Bars, Novartis, Astra Zeneca, Dupont, The Heart Truth Campaign, and the internal branding for Ogilvy Digital Influence. Served as a catalyst to educate the company on the importance of social design; created group workshops on "getting started blogging."
For the U.S. Army, I led production through design, development, and art direction for projects including the Interactive Reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg, tribute websites, and a commemorative site for Post-War Japan. Played a critical role in IA, design, and front-end functionality for .army.mil.
• Played a critical role in the information architecture, interface design, and development of the front-end functionality during the redesign of the Army's official homepage, www.army.mil, a site that is viewed by 6+ million unique visitors monthly an