I'm a hybrid of a designer / developer who loves creating digital products for web, mobile & AR/VR by combining design, motion and code to tackle complex problems with elegant solutions.
My 20+ years of experience includes:
• 13 yrs - Mobile & Web Designer / Developer
• 5 yrs - Product Prototyper
• 8 yrs - Owner & Designer @ Squad, Inc.
• 4 yrs - Owner & Director @ Glue
• 3 yrs - Mentor / Co-Founder of Framer Seattle meetups
• 1 yr - Ruby Programming Certificate @ UW
• 1 yr - iOS & Mac Application Development Certificate @ UW
I am certified as a Unity Developer and have been a Mentor & Co-Founder of Framer Seattle meetups for the past 3 years. I've done numerous workshops on Prototyping at the Framer Loupe Conference, Google and Twitter as well as presenting multiple talks on "Code as a Design Tool".
Exploring new concepts for yet to be released projects including: designing, prototyping and building tools for designers to implement Fluent Design system on the web, apps, AR and VR platforms.
Product Designer / Developer
March 2017 - August 2017
Designed, prototyped and built new features for Proton, an internal cross discipline React based design, prototype and collaboration tool. Features include states, templates & dynamic layout V2.
Lead Design Prototyper
August 2016 - February 2017
Built and designed prototypes for VR, mobile, desktop & connected TVs. Helped w/ UX research and did quick iterations for user testing. Created VR UI concepts for a new design system.
Motion Design Engineer / Prototyper
June 2016 - August 2016
Designed, prototyped, validated and translated UI motion design concepts for the first desktop app release. Developed tools and a process to define & integrate motion across all platforms.
Product Developer / Designer
April 2010 - Present
Clients, Teams & Projects:
T-Mobile, Xbox, Zapd, Bayan Branch, Remit.ly, Sencha, MontageJS, jQuery Mobile, Pinch / Zoom, Projekt 202, Jive, Zenprise, Push.io, Radius, Seattle.js, The Superformula, Loyola College, mStoner, Explore.fm & GroupToDo
Prototyper / Designer / iOS Developer
January 2014 - June 2016
• 1 yr - Designer / Prototyper / Front End Developer
• Crafting ideas for a new UX framework using interaction and motion. Sole front end dev on the OneNote.com style guide and toolkit. Researcher for site hosting, build processes & localization.
OneDrive & Office 365
• 1 yr - iOS Design Developer / Design Prototyper
• Designed, prototyped, tested and built interactive features shipped to millions of iOS users. Contributed to Office UI Fabric toolkit. Interactive concepting for SharePoint touch based authoring.
• 6 mos - Lead Prototyper / Designer
• Pushed the limits of UI while designing prototypes for content construction and selecting content to manipulate. Worked closely with engineers, improving the UI and design details before launch.
Design Prototyper / Front End Developer
April 2013 - October 2013
Lead Mobile Designer / Front End Developer
July 2011 - May 2012
Lead design team to build first mobile web experience on over 20 global markets using progressive enhancement and feature detection to support a wide range of platforms and capabilities.
Owner / Designer / Creative Director
January 2002 - December 2010
Branding + Web + Design + Print + Motion.
A creative agency that crafted 100s of interactive experiences, viral campaigns, ecommerce stores, beautiful print designs & brand identities for clients in the music and entertainment industry.
Owner / Product Designer / Developer
April 2005 - June 2010
Glue was a mobile focused product designed & developed under Squad, Inc used by over 20,000 artists and musicians to share their content across social networks and websites.
Owner / Designer / Creative Director
June 2001 - June 2010
A full service e-commerce platform designed and developed by Squad, Inc serving hundreds of artists and musicians.
Designer / Owner
January 2001 - January 2002
My first startup which was focused on providing cutting edge concepts for artists and labels in the music industry.
Vector Squad's varied services were eventually split up to create Squad, Glue and MerchSquad.
Designer / Animator / Developer
October 2000 - May 2001
At this small three person startup, I created flash sites from concept to completion. Many of the projects were very experimental and included liberal amounts of animation sequences.
This is the job that taught me how to run a business and push me to start my future business ventures.
Junior Designer / Developer
August 1999 - October 2000
This position started as an internship through Bellevue Community College where I was able to use many of the skills I learned from my Multimedia Design degree. After my internship and graduation PhotoTrust hired me to continue the work I started.