Music Think Tank (MTT) is a group blog bringing together key thinkers in the realm of online music business.
• Searched for content on MTT website and moved popular content to the main page
• Wrote summaries on Hypebot.com about featured MTT articles
• Edited content and managed website by approving user comments and tagging posts
• Started as an intern and progressed to the Community Manager position
Music World is one of the most successful labels and management companies in the world with over 200 million records sold to date including releases by Destiny's Child, Beyoncé, Solange Knowles and Michelle Williams.
• Organize digital content and databases
• Create, edit, upload videos for YouTube
• Update and manage Music World website and social media pages for artists (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Wordpress)
• Submit music to online Internet radio outlets such as Pandora
• Research and create monthly digital trends reports
Began in December 2008 and composed of students from College Station, Evan's Wedding Quartet has over 30 years combined experience playing classical music. We are available for all types of gatherings such as weddings, conferences, church services, banquets, and parties.
• Updated music licensing database
• Developed marketing plans for new album release and company, researched brand, prepared press kits
• Learned Nielsen SoundScan, managed inventory, performed data entry
• Promoted company and products at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans
Planet L.A. Records is an indie label and publisher intent on building a global brand for artists including L.A.-based rock bands Djinn, Native June, and When Planets Align in addition to established artists like Indian icon Bappi Lahiri.
• Manage social media accounts for bands
• Promoted The Abolitionist Tour 2011 - campaign to combat human trafficking, Planet LA Benefit Concert for Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief
• Worked during summer, winter, spring breaks, and at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
• Earned trust of owner by maintaining a good work ethic and being reliable
• Served food and handled money efficiently leading to shorter wait times
• Trained and supervised new employees to increase efficiency of service
Keep Sugar Land Beautiful is a 501c3 nonprofit affiliate of Keep America Beautiful & Keep Texas Beautiful dedicated to educate and engage everyone to take responsibility for the environmental health of our community.
• Managed projects and compiled reports
• Organized and maintained database, organization files, and event supplies
• Interacted with the public, handled general correspondence, and scheduled volunteers
Celebrating music through the GRAMMY® Awards for more than 50 years, The Recording Academy is the premier organization for honoring achievements in the recording arts, and supporting the music community. Each year, Voting members decide who receives a GRAMMY, the most prestigious and respected award in music.
• Student liaison for Texas A&M University
• Volunteered at numerous music industry events
• Promoted Grammy U and The Recording Academy during SXSW with the Grammy U Tweet Team
Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (M
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) is a major public transportation agency based in Houston, TX. It operates bus, light rail, future commuter rail, and paratransit service (under the name METROLift) in the city as well as most of Harris County.
• Helped develop Community Outreach Capital Expenditure Budget of $28 million for FY2009-FY2014
• Assisted in development and planning of METRO Solutions' Youth Mobility Council
• Reviewed and provided input for the METRO Solutions Website
• Put together a list of in
• Worked during winter and summer break
• Served drinks according to customers’ orders and handled money
• Trained and supervised new employees
• Cleaned up and closed store
• Handed out samples of products