VFX Supervisor / Comp Supervisor
The Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for the design and execution of visual effects work on a given project. This can include both on set supervision for acquisition of plates and elements and supervision of the shot work through post production. In conjunction with the Visual Effects Producer, the Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for the management and successful completion of the project. The Supervisor’s input will be required for issues such as artist performance and team selection, liaising with the overall project supervisor, producer, or director as required, scheduling of effects production, and estimating/bidding new work. The Visual Effects Supervisor will also play an important role in the sales efforts for new potential projects. This could include script reading and breakdown, project time/budget estimation, attending first contact meetings and conference calls with potential clients and being able to speak definitively and clearly about the studio’s abilities, resources and culture.
- VFX supervision as required (On set / In house through post)
- Maintain creative relations with given clients; establish strong client confidence
- Bid shots, flag overages On set/ through post
- Outline show requirements involving team size, team strengths, & resources
- Outline show pipeline procedure if unique to given show
- Communicate show expectations with VFX artists
- Communicate creative and technical input for shot design & completion with VFX artists while maintaining Director’s vision and working within budget.
- Communicate Director’s feedback
- Supervise VFX artists as needed, in coordination with the VFX Producer for given project
- Oversee all aspects for body of FX shots throughout post from start to finish
- Delegate appropriate tasks to applicable artists
- Monitor shot tracker data
- Update senior management to show status weekly
Our work is featured on worldwide projects and enjoyed by high profile clients such as Netflix, Apple, Sony, Lionsgate, Paramount and HBO just to name a few.
Our style is hands-on, we enjoy collaboration and encourage both diversity and novel ideas from every person we work with.
And we have Big News! As we expand and grow alongside the film industry we are stoked to announce the opening of a new studio location: Tenerife Island.
22DOGS Tenerife is recruiting now, with open positions of all levels and specialty, from artists to production.
You will have the chance to be a part of the core team in the Film and Episodic department, helping us shape and define our projects while living in one of the most amazing European locations.
Tenerife, an amazing location. Sunlight: 4000 hours / year. The most daylight hours of anywhere else in Europe. 7493 sq.m of a wide range of very different and amazing locations from beaches to forests to volcanoes! 23 º Celsius Average year-round. One of the best weathers in the world. Connected and Safe: easy to reach thanks to international daily flights and 2 airports. Medical assistance: high level of public sanitary system and top standard of private medical centers. Culture, entertainment, water and mountain sports at your fingertips.
We would like you to be a part of our future! We’re looking for artists that want to make a difference not only quality wise but also with their invaluable inputs. We value your eyes and mind above all, and we’re ready to listen to bring the studio to new heights in this fantastic new opportunity.
So, apply now and become a part of our core team. Check out job listings and benefits below.