VFX Supervisor / Comp Supervisor
The Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for the design and execution of visual effects work on a given project. This can include both on set supervision for acquisition of plates and elements and supervision of the shot work through post production. In conjunction with the Visual Effects Producer, the Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for the management and successful completion of the project. The Supervisor’s input will be required for issues such as artist performance and team selection, liaising with the overall project supervisor, producer, or director as required, scheduling of effects production, and estimating/bidding new work. The Visual Effects Supervisor will also play an important role in the sales efforts for new potential projects. This could include script reading and breakdown, project time/budget estimation, attending first contact meetings and conference calls with potential clients and being able to speak definitively and clearly about the studio’s abilities, resources and culture.
- VFX supervision as required (On set / In house through post)
- Maintain creative relations with given clients; establish strong client confidence
- Bid shots, flag overages On set/ through post
- Outline show requirements involving team size, team strengths, & resources
- Outline show pipeline procedure if unique to given show
- Communicate show expectations with VFX artists
- Communicate creative and technical input for shot design & completion with VFX artists while maintaining Director’s vision and working within budget.
- Communicate Director’s feedback
- Supervise VFX artists as needed, in coordination with the VFX Producer for given project
- Oversee all aspects for body of FX shots throughout post from start to finish
- Delegate appropriate tasks to applicable artists
- Monitor shot tracker data
- Update senior management to show status weekly
Our family of international artists and supervisors are world-class and can collaborate remotely within our secure cloud environment.
We take pride in crafting visual solutions and products that genuinely impress our clients, such as Sony, Lionsgate, Netflix, HBO, Hulu and Paramount.
As we grow and expand, we vouch to never stop caring intensely for our work and to retain the personalized "boutique" approach that has gotten us this far.