VFX Compositor - Mid to Senior (UK based)
Axis Studios are looking to hire experienced COMPOSITORS on a freelance basis, to work across a variety of VFX projects remote/onsite in our Bristol based VFX studio. They need to be UK based, even while the position remains remote.
The Compositors primary function is to seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements, and work closely with Visual Effects Supervisors and CG Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot.
Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements and colour grading.
- Blue/green screen extractions.
- Seamless integration of live action and CGI sources.
- Follow production pipelines.
- Develop creative approaches and problem-solving.
- Take part in daily reviews.
- Professional experience working with Nuke pipelines.
- Previous experience in a VFX environment.
- An understanding of the whole VFXpipeline.
- An education or interest in real world lighting and photography.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD; nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.