This is a full-time position based in the Dublin studio, and there is flexibility for remote working but applicants should be able to work in the Irish timezone as the studio.
Starting date: ASAP
- Own, improve, and support all stages/departments of the production pipeline. The position calls for a blend of technical know-how, an excellent eye, and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Manage and work with the CG Supes and Art Director(s) so that you understand the technical and creative goals of the project.
- Communicate with project teams to evaluate user experiences, satisfaction, and level of understanding to identify areas of improvement to the production pipelines.
- Liaise between production and technology departments, translating or creating and improving processes (automation) and technology to meet production requirements.
- Establish high-functioning levels of communication with creative and technical staff both within the studio and with external partners.
- Collaborate with IT to evaluate and integrate changes to the infrastructure.
- Support a collaborative and creative environment that produces awesome Giant projects
- 2-4 years of professional experience in animation.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, dependable and adaptable.
- Good at taking directions and paying close attention to details.
- Ability to think critically, and the ability to diagnose and solve problems independently as well as collaboratively by offering mentorship.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or equivalent and/or experience to equal that level of technical and creative knowledge and professionalism.
- Experience with third-party software packages: Adobe Suite, Autodesk Maya, Foundry Nuke, Autodesk Shotgrid (required) & Unreal Engine or Unity (required).
- Solid expertise with node-based compositing tools (i.e. Shake, Nuke, or similar).
- Proficiency with Python scripting language (required).
- Experience in computer animation, visual effects, or the game industry (required).
- Experience, including pipeline and plugin development, with many third-party VFX/Animation software packages (preferred).
- Experience with other toolkits and systems: CI, Git, Mel, Deadline, Maya API.
- Experience with OSX, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Technical Director Position”. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Based in the heart of Dublin City, we’re a team of award winning artists, production managers and technical wizards who are passionate about creating high quality and engaging content the whole world can enjoy.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.