Technical Artist - Unreal
Do you like bringing your artistic skills to the cutting edge of technology? Are you interested in making the metaverse a reality?
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Technical Artist with experience in asset creation and Unreal Engine 4 (UE4). You’ll be working with Meta’s synthetic data group creating reality’s digital twin for next-generation XR devices.
At DigitalFish you can expect to encounter a broad set of clients and projects over time. DigitalFish has worked with many partners including Apple, Google, Meta, Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, Technicolor, ESPN, LEGO, NASA and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 4-6 years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen!
- Help define technical requirements for integration of geometry, rigging, animation, shading and material assets from multiple sources into UE4
- Help develop and apply novel shaders within UE4 to faithfully represent a wide variety of material attributes
- Assist in defining opportunities for automation and collaborate with Engineering to create and deploy tools that allow asset ingest, scene assembly and image generation at massive scale
- Collaborate with multiple teams in understanding the current state of internal asset libraries, simulation workflows, while supporting the development of future technology
- Build new and/or integrate existing assets into UE4
- Develop, maintain and communicate technical-art guidelines and best-practices
- Partner with all disciplines across multiple organizations to ensure we meet strategic program goals
- BS/BA in Games, Art, Interactive Media Design, or 3D Computer Animation or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of and professional experience working with UE4
- Current, well-rounded expertise in content-production and development techniques using a broad range of standard DCC tools (Maya, Photogrammetry, Substance Suite, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of current real-time asset creation and optimizations
- Well-versed in UE4 asset creation and game production pipelines
- Able to identify opportunities for automation within these workflows
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features in a cutting edge technology
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately.
We look forward to hearing from you!