Expanse is looking for an experienced, skilled and independent studio coordinator / VFX and animation producer. Your main task will be to coordinate the team with artists and ensure a good and efficient production flow that ensures progress in the projects and facilitates so that the artists' time and qualifications are utilized in the best possible way. In addition, there will be varied tasks related to running the studio and some follow up on customers and help develop and secure new projects.
There are currently 20 employees and freelancers working at Expanse.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Coordinate the artists' project everyday; Distribute tasks, provide feedback, follow up on deadlines, communication and resource needs
• Write and keep milestone plans and detailed activity plans up to date
• Arrange meetings, dailies and client reviews, and keep track of approvals and feedback
• Manage and follow up external freelancers and subcontractors. Ensure that they have everything they need to perform their tasks and deliver on time, quality and budget.
• Ensure that Shotgrid is up to date.
• Project management and client contact
• Assist the general manager with pitches, contracts and bids
• Continuously seek to improve and optimize workflow
Qualifications and skills
• Structured and independent.
• Experience with management of VFX and animation productions
• Good understanding of workflow in the production of 3D animation and digital effects
• Knowledge of using Shotgrid or similar workflow tools
• Experienced Microsoft Office user
• Have knowledge and understanding of software used for 3D animation and digital effects (Maya, Nuke, Houdini, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of editing in Adobe Premier or Final Cut is an advantage
• We assume good English skills, both orally and in writing. Norwegian is a bonus.
• A person with experience and interest in animation and VFX productions
• A team player who is proactive and solution-oriented
• Have the ability to work systematically and efficiently
• Make independent choices
• Good at delegating tasks
• Enjoys a challenge; both small and large
Expanse is a studio in Oslo, Norway that delivers 3D animation and VFX for film and advertising. With a solid portfolio that includes customers such as Netflix, Warhammer 40,000, T-We, Telia, Talkmore, Extra, Coop, Meny, Tine and more, we have in 6 years established ourselves as a recognized producer of animation and VFX that delivers on time, budget and quality. Expanse has also delivered several large animation projects for King.com; the company behind the mobile game successes Candy Crush and Bubble Witch Saga.
The studio is currently working on a feature film project for Fantefilm AS, which will premiere in November 2022. In addition there are several other exciting projects underway.
The office is centrally located in a new and modern building in the middle of Oslo. And it is easily accessible by all types of public transport.
Expanse AS is a certified environmental lighthouse and work actively to reduce the studio's climate footprint.