A Productions are looking for experienced Storyboard artists to work with us on the exciting new series, Digital Girl for CBBC.
“In the heart of Frisco City, in the hyper-connected near future, two mysterious teen superheroes, Digital Girl and Hack Girl engage in an epic digital battle for the future of the city, its inhabitants and their freedom.”
26 x 22 min episodes for 6 – 11 year olds to be created in full 3D CGI.
A Productions’ ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
- To work with the Director to create animation storyboards from thumbnail to finished clean production boards, with a strong emphasis on staging, composition and character performance
- To implement multiple stages of comments and amends from the director and client.
- Maintain character and BG drawings on model and scale and in line with signed off designs
- To work with the Director, Animation Director and Edit team to produce a clear and effective animatic. Providing extra panels and amends where necessary
- To input creatively to enhance and extend the Directors vision.
- To maintain a clear and efficient organization and file structure to allow smooth transition throughout the pipeline
- Update all tracking documents and work with Production team to ensure timely and appropriate delivery of all assets.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of working with Storyboard Pro
- Strong classical drawing abilities with understanding of form, composition and performance.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of story structure, staging and camera work.
- Strong understanding of character posing and emotion.
- Experience of boarding for a 3D show
- Must cope well under pressure and deadlines
- Proven experience of storyboarding for television series work, preferably adventure/comedy.
- Excellent organisation of files and amends.
- Good communication skills
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
As a studio we are committed to supporting our crew as much as we can during these challenging working environments. As such we have a dedicated welfare manager who is available to all crew for one to one support.
No Agencies please.
Please email your cover letter, CV and showreel. End date for applications March 31st 2023.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.