Senior Motion Designer
SLIK is looking for a Senior Motion Designer to join our Sydney team.
You’ll join a lovely bunch of passionate creative thinkers, designers and doers delivering award-winning insight-led campaigns through beautiful storytelling and technical excellence.
We’re a flexible, agile independent agency, and our best hires are those that love wearing a few hats. We’ll value your point of view, ensure you’re in the mix with new client opportunities and support you to mentor junior team members with infectious enthusiasm.
Our clients love us for our persistent drive for quality and excellence, and it’s this pride in our work that makes it shine. We love poking at things, opening our minds (and other’s) and broadening perspectives. We constantly ask ourselves “What else?”. We also know how to have fun with laughter, pub-lunches, office doggies and ski trips. We’re all for fun and fun for all.
- Senior contributor to concepting, creation and delivery of engaging motion design
- Deliver a high level of craft skills and detail oriented motion design
- Manage quality control throughout the design & motion process
- Mentor and oversee more junior motion designers and provide input and feedback to improve their work.
- Support Producers with accurate time estimates for tasks, and ensure proposed solutions are within budget
- Be a brand guardian for our clients, with the ability to push boundaries within the guidelines to generate new ideas
- Manage tasks within project deadlines, and collaborate with the design and animation team to meet tight deadlines and improve the quality of our work
- Stay up to date on the latest motion and design trends, and share new insights with the team
- Consistently seek opportunities for up-skilling and professional development
- Be solutions driven at all times, aim to exceed your best and be determinedly creative.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to produce high-quality motion outputs
- Expert in After Effects
- Knowledge of 3D software
- Competent in the Adobe Suite
- Advanced motion design skills, and understanding of design principles
- Experienced in 2D and 3D animations and design
- Great knowledge of video technology and formats
- Strong time management
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks
- Great team player
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 5-7 years of experience working as a Motion Designer
- An excellent portfolio of past motion work
- Expert with After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experienced in Cinema4D or Blender
- Experience with additional post-production processes such editing, colour grading, sound-mixing etc.
- A background in graphic design is a plus
Sounds like the work environment you’d like to work in? Send us an email of your CV and portfolio.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.