Production Artist - Backgrounds and Props
Mousetrappe is seeking a candidate with Animation Prop & Background Element illustration and design experience. Looking for candidates capable of illustrating in a range of styles and aesthetics, with a quick and flexible hand, comfortable creating elements from scratch based on reference material. From highly rendered CG Animation styles to a more illustrative painterly finish. This Production Artist will work directly with the Creative Director and Designer to help build out an arsenal of backgrounds and elements which will be used throughout an animated sequence. Qualified candidates should submit portfolios with relevant examples of work.
- Must be organized and clean.
- Expert knowledge Photoshop is required for this position.
- Past experience with illustration, design, and digital asset creation is required.
- Broad experience with a variety of illustration styles and techniques.
- This is a small boutique shop with limited technical support, therefore, it's critical for any artists working here to feel comfortable trouble-shooting minor technical issues as the need arises.
- Must be available to work onsite at Burbank location.
- This is an entry level position. It is temporary, project-based and will last approximately 4-6 weeks starting in late January.
Required Skills and Experience:
Software: Photoshop, Shotgun, Slack
1-2 years experience preferred
Mousetrappe produces some of the most complex and entertaining architecturally mapped projection nighttime spectaculars for top-tier theme parks worldwide and also delivers award-winning world-renowned media experiences in a variety of venues globally.
Led by a team of multi award-winning creative and technological talent, Mousetrappe’s spectacular experiences magically entertain millions of visitors — day after day, night after night.