Previs Artist / Camera Layout
Day for Nite
Day For Nite is a growing visualization company based in Los Angeles with offices in Australia, New Zealand, UK and Canada. Recent film work includes: Thor Ragnarok, Ghost in the Shell, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Godzilla: King of Monsters, Aquaman, and Mulan just to name a few.
The founders of our company have over 30 years collective experience and have worked with some of the biggest directors in the film industry. Day For Nite values quality employees and we strive to create a first-rate end product whether it’s previs, postvis, pitchvis or final work.
The Position: We’re looking for previs artists to work on several upcoming projects.
Job duties include:
- Work closely with the previs supervisor to create a dynamic cinematic experience that aligns with the director and studio’s vision
- Translate existing storyboards (when available) into a 3D version of the story reel
- Working efficiently
- Adhere to pipeline protocols
- Responsible for assigned shots
- Adhere to the production schedule
- 2+ years of production experience as a previs artist
- Experience using Autodesk Maya
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Generalist level skill animating, modeling, rigging, shading, etc.
- Mocap animation cleanup
- Fundamental understanding of composition, cameras, film language, and editing
- A strong team player who takes direction and constructive feedback well
- Excellent communication skills
- VR Experience a plus
- Adobe Premier a plus
- Nuke experience a plus
- Must be available to work in our Los Angeles office or various studios around town
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance benefits after 60 days
- On the job training with some of the best in the business
If interested, please send resume and reel.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.