Pipeline Technical Director
You will be technically responsible for the different departments (2D, 3D, Matchmove, DMP, In/Out) as well as the Pipeline and production tools for all VFX offices.
You will work closely with the heads of the different departments and the IT manager.
- Have an overview of the studio in order to provide the appropriate technical solutions for each department and lead their implementation.
- Keep the studio up to date with the latest standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and best practices in software development.
- Work closely with department heads to improve their efficiency by responding to their requests and providing them with appropriate solutions.
- Organize and lead meetings on technical issues with department heads
- Report to the studio director
- Monitor the development of our in-house tools and workflows
- Implementing process automation to optimize the efficiency between department.
- Ensure the smooth operations of the various departments, determine the urgencies and needs and provide concrete solutions.
- Manage the colour workflow between all the departments to ensure continuity.
- Set up and manage the use of different assets and stock imagery cross plateform.
- You have at least 7 years of experience, preferably in the VFX environment. A first experience in management is a plus.
- You are fluent in English, French/Dutch is a plus.
- You have excellent listening and communication skills.
- You have good problem-solving skills and you are able to make quick and appropriate decisions
- You are familiar with data management within a film workflow (In/Out) and you know the 2D and 3D manufacturing processes.
- You have extensive knowledge of Shotgrid, Nuke, Maya, Arnold (Gaffer is a plus)
- You have extensive knowledge of Python (C++ is a plus) and Linux environment
- You have a very good knowledge of Colors-Spaces and Color-workflows
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.