We’re an open, friendly visual effects company with a penchant for doing the right thing. We carefully balance ambition, talent and professionalism with an approachable, can-do attitude, crafting stunning visual effects for film and television. And we make sure our staff have a healthy work-life balance too. Our team is fantastic. Hungry to learn, passionate about their art and ready for any challenge.
We’re a Certified B Corporation: one of a global group of businesses doing the right thing for people, society and the planet. We pay people properly, and adapt to their lives rather than bulldozing through them.
We're looking for a coding genius who is passionate about VFX and their pipelines to help take our current awesome pipeline onto new levels; it may not be possible! As a small ambitious company, a Pipeline Technical Director at dupe is connected to all areas of the company and its workflows. You’ll work with our artists, leads, production, and IT teams helping develop the Pipeline glueing us all together. You’ll be helping to maintain, improve tools, and design future core pipeline workflows. You will also liaise with our third-party software providers to support the technical needs of the production. Pipeline TD's are expected to perform a diverse set of technical support functions in order to ensure the smooth running of a visual effects project from acquisition to delivery
Day to Day
- Discussions with production and pipeline colleagues to help prioritise tool development and workflow improvements across the studio.
- Support artists working on current shows acting as primary support for technical problems.
- Develop, maintain, and document tools used in production.
- Review additional tools ( commercial & open source ) for inclusion in our pipeline
- Assist with training to develop the technical skills of other team members.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the industry.
- Strong knowledge of Python, Qt (PySide/PyQt) and its implementation in Houdini, Nuke, Maya, Ftrack.
- Experience with git (or other Version Control system), Bitbucket (or similar) and collaboration tools.
- Experience with asset management systems such as Shotgun or Ftrack (we use Ftrack).
- Good communication skills and an aptitude in relaying technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Right to work in the UK.
Beneficial to have
- Experience with the Rez package.
- Exposure to Python 3 and bash.
- Exposure to SQL.
- Experience with Universal Scene Description (USD).
- Experience with Deadline plugin development.
To read more about dupe and who we are please check out our website www.dupevfx.com. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.