Pipeline Software Engineer Ii
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Pipeline Software Engineer II with experience in Python and C++, practical grasp of computer-graphics concepts, and experience building and deploying tools into games and media production pipelines.
As a software engineer with DigitalFish, you will develop next-generation technologies that define the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users.
DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Apple, Google, Meta, Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, Technicolor, ESPN, LEGO, NASA and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Work closely with the engineering and technical-art teams on client contracts, internal software products, and internal media projects
- Design and implement graphics tools, pipeline scripts, and procedures to support the development and deployment of content at scale
- Take ownership of technical issues and drive the team to resolve them
- Adapt tools to the problems at hand while balancing between long-term development goals and short-term production demands
- Coordinate cross-discipline efforts to advance the state-of-the-art
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Significant experience in pipeline projects for film, games or VFX
- Deep experience creating custom integrations via Python scripting and C++ SDKs for major DCCs (e.g., Maya, Houdini, Blender) and/or game engines (e.g., Unity, UE4/5)
- Fluency with tools and processes used in production such as scene descriptions (especially USD), file formats (FBX, Alembic) and pipeline concepts
- Good understanding of 3D-graphics including mathematical fundamentals such as trigonometry, linear algebra, matrices, vectors and quaternions
- Deep professional experience in team development using Python, Qt and modern C++
- Advanced-level general programming skills including knowledge of software patterns, build systems, and methods for coding high-performance applications
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Experience with character rigging and animation systems
- Experience with surfacing and shading systems
- Experience with motion capture and virtual production
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times. Ability to work on West Coast time zone is preferred.
Principals only, recruiting firms please do not contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time.
We look forward to hearing from you!