Modeler/Texture Artist - Organic Environments
We have an upcoming freelance/contract-based position for an experienced 3D modeler and texture artist specializing in organic forms - natural objects like coral, seaweed, animals, trees, etc. The position will begin immediately and last several months. As a 3D modeler you will be responsible for creating virtual objects, as well as creating and applying their final texture & UV. You will be breathing life into sketches and concept art. You will be working collaboratively in a team with other talented artists and technicians. You must be well versed with industry standard 3D modeling programs and tools. Good spatial skills and a well honed sense of design will help you succeed.
- Create and manage digital assets
- Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual characters, environmental elements, and props
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models based on feedback from team members
- Optimize, refine and correct model geometry
- Work with artists, animators and programmers to execute projects on time
- Create textures and UV maps
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Mari, Substance Painter, etc.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Fast and efficient
- Experience with Redshift Render workflow
- Familiarity with animation techniques and pipeline
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 3D design and modeling
Mousetrappe produces some of the most complex and entertaining architecturally mapped projection nighttime spectaculars for top-tier theme parks worldwide and also delivers award-winning world-renowned media experiences in a variety of venues globally.
Led by a team of multi award-winning creative and technological talent, Mousetrappe’s spectacular experiences magically entertain millions of visitors — day after day, night after night.