Mid-level Compositing Artist
You will be responsible for creating high quality composites and visual effects for feature films, episodics and advs. You tasks will range from seamlessly integrate CG and live-action elements into a live-action shot to matte extraction, tracking, shot lookdev, matte painting setup etc.
You will work in partnership with VFX supervisor, 2D supervisor and lighting artists to ensure the highest delivery standard.
You will also be mentoring juniors and ensure best practices are being employed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience in Compositing with Nuke for complex VFX projects.
- Taking briefs and direction from Leads and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots in the best and fastest way possible.
- Good understanding of the pipeline including colour space, workflow and industry-standard script layouts.
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by supervisors.
- Good ability in all aspects of compositing in Nuke, integrating 2D, 3D and live-action elements to a high-end visual effects standard.
- Ability to do any required tracking (both 2D and 3D).
- Minimum 3 years in photoreal feature film experience using NUKE.
- Strong sense of colour and shot composition, with an eye for details.
- Ability to develop forward thinking, problem solving approaches even in demanding and complex scenarios.
- Proficiency in 2.5D approaches, be it projections or CG math reprojections.
- Solid understanding of math theory behind CG reconstruction, layering and integration.
- Proven ability to work closely in a small team with tight schedules.
- Solid tracking and matchmoving experience.
- Maya experience is a plus.
- Programming (python) is an asset.
Euro 30.000 - 50.000/year Gross Salary
- FULL MEDICAL INSURANCE (INDIVIDUAL OR FOR FAMILIES)
- 1 MONTH FREE ACCOMODATION (HOUSE IN TOWN CENTER)
- PAID FLIGHT TO TENERIFE
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE FOR WORK VISA / FISCAL RESIDENCE
- ASSISTANCE FOR PERMANENT ACCOMODATION RESEARCH, BANK AND SCHOOL
- FIRST LEGAL AND TAX INCOME CONSULTING
- GUIDE and ASSISTANCE TO ALL THE INSTITUTIONAL AND PRIVATE SERVICES THAT THE CANDIDATE MAY NEED TO START UP IN TENERIFE, INCLUDING LEISURE AND WEEKEND ACTIVITIES
**FOR CANDIDATES FROM SPAIN MAINLAND: 75% DISCOUNT ON ALL NATIONAL FLIGHTS TO AND FROM TENERIFE
***FOR NON-SPANISH CANDIDATES: CAP OF 24% ON PERSONAL INCOME TAX (BECKAM LAW)
Our work is featured on worldwide projects and enjoyed by high profile clients such as Netflix, Apple, Sony, Lionsgate, Paramount and HBO just to name a few.
Our style is hands-on, we enjoy collaboration and encourage both diversity and novel ideas from every person we work with.
And we have Big News! As we expand and grow alongside the film industry we are stoked to announce the opening of a new studio location: Tenerife Island.
22DOGS Tenerife is recruiting now, with open positions of all levels and specialty, from artists to production.
You will have the chance to be a part of the core team in the Film and Episodic department, helping us shape and define our projects while living in one of the most amazing European locations.
Tenerife, an amazing location. Sunlight: 4000 hours / year. The most daylight hours of anywhere else in Europe. 7493 sq.m of a wide range of very different and amazing locations from beaches to forests to volcanoes! 23 º Celsius Average year-round. One of the best weathers in the world. Connected and Safe: easy to reach thanks to international daily flights and 2 airports. Medical assistance: high level of public sanitary system and top standard of private medical centers. Culture, entertainment, water and mountain sports at your fingertips.
We would like you to be a part of our future! We’re looking for artists that want to make a difference not only quality wise but also with their invaluable inputs. We value your eyes and mind above all, and we’re ready to listen to bring the studio to new heights in this fantastic new opportunity.
So, apply now and become a part of our core team. Check out job listings and benefits below.