Plastic Wax is busy and we have some exciting new projects that require Mid/Senior 3D Animators to join our talented team of artists!
Contract: Fixed Term and Freelance
Sydney or Australia based candidates preferred
Open to international applications no relocation necessary
No VISA sponsorship
- Creating stylized 3D animation
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties.
- Ability to work unassisted and relied upon to finish tasks
- Help guide and mentor less experienced artists by example
- Meet project task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Use Shotgun
- Engage with the Director, the Animation Lead/HOD and Production
- Must be fluent in Maya & Motion builder
- Solid experience as an Animator on CG/ VFX Feature films and/or CG TV Series
- Strong understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character performance such as posing, timing, acting and storytelling techniques.
- Strong work ethic and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to solve problems under short deadlines
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well
- A flexible approach while maintaining consistently high standards
- Pro-active and have excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate creative and technical thoughts
- Must have the right to work in Australia
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for this role, please apply via Zerply.
If you have issues applying via this method please email your application to: email@example.com
In your application please ensure you advise the following:
- your next available date to commence work/notice period
- showreel/portfolio link demonstrating stylized 3D animation
- salary expectation/day rate in AUD or USD
- current location
- right to work in Australia/Visa Status and any relevant information
We will contact you if your application is shortlisted.
No phone calls or agencies please
2021 Winner AEAF- BRONZE for Games Trailers
2020 Winner AEAF- GOLD for Games Trailers
2019 Winner AEAF – SILVER for Games Trailers
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards
Based in Sydney, Australia and established in 1997; Plastic Wax has produced a wide range of award winning trailers for games, television and film. Some notable works include; Bioshock Infinite, Saints Row 3, Darksiders 2, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Tomb Raider, Civilization V, Fallout: New Vegas and Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
The company boasts a state of the art 24 camera Vicon MX40 in house motion capture system, and a 500 machine dedicated render farm.
Plastic Wax has seen considerable growth over the past decade and is now considered one of the worlds leading CG trailer and cinematic studios.