SPIN VFX is seeking senior Lighting Artists to join our award winning creative team. Our primary focus is in live-action and photo-real production. We look for accomplished artists to work as part of our dynamic team. You are responsible for setting the final look as it relates to lighting, shading and rendering on high-profile episodic and feature work.
- Work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment
- Advanced understanding of lighting and shading processes
- Ability to work independently to complete work and manage delivery expectations. Maintaining best practices, lighting pipeline and workflow integrity.
- Demonstrate proactive involvement for continual improvements in skills and workflow. Effectively economize and manage renders while achieving required quality.
- Responsible for mentoring other digital artists in Lighting and Rendering
- Demonstrate effective listening and communication skills and sharing of knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to monitor, control, prioritize and deliver tasks. Demonstrate effective time management, organization and production skills. Experience with shot & scope evaluation, providing everyone with clear and accurate estimates on objectives and task completion.
- 3-4 years of work experience in visual effects in feature film and television Strong balance between artistic and technical skill, with thorough understanding of vfx workflow
- Advanced understanding of physically plausible shading and rendering
- Assemble temp comps of the lighting passes in Nuke
- Knowledge of Katana and Renderman is considered a plus
- Look Dev & knowledge of shaders is considered a plus
- Demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role
Beneficial to have:
- Experience with Katana or Houdini
- Experience with Renderman
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and demo reel. Be sure to include “Lighter” in the subject line.
SPIN’s roots trace back to creative and technological innovations that are now standard in visual effects facilities around the globe.
SPIN Founder and CEO Nigel McGrath co-founded Alias Research in 1984, creator of Maya, later acquired by Autodesk; and in 1987 Side Effects Productions the production arm that supported the initial R&D of software giant, Side Effects Software, the creators of Houdini.
President and Partner, Neishaw Ali, a Queens MBA graduate has over 25 years in the film and television industry and over 70 features and 13 television series under her belt. In 1992, Neishaw was instrumental in rebranding Side Effects Productions as SPIN, successfully blending the science of business and creativity.
SPIN VFX has evolved into an internationally recognized Visual Effects studio, working with respected Directors, VFX Supervisors and Producers. With television credits that include the Emmy award-winning series Game of Thrones (HBO), Neil Jordan’s thrice Emmy nominated The Borgias (Showtime), and film credits such as Bill Condon’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part One & Two (Summit/Lionsgate), M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth (Columbia Pictures), Mans Marlind’s Underworld: Awakening (Screen Gems), and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (20th Century Fox) from Timur Bekmambetov.
The studio is currently in production on Ericson Core's Point Break (Alcon Entertainment) action adventure remake for Warner Bros., the next young adult science fiction novel adaptation to hit the big screen The 5th Wave (Columbia Pictures), as well as the the highly anticipated sci-fi television series The Expanse (SyFy) and Tim Kring’s Heroes Reborn (NBC). Recently, the team delivered work on the third season of the Emmy nominated renaissance masterpiece Da Vinci’s Demons (Starz) and Tom McCarthy’s expose that is garnering Oscar buzz, Spotlight (Open Road Films).
SPIN VFX delivers on vision.
see us at SPINVFX.COM
SPIN is located in Toronto with sales and support in Los Angeles.
For over 27 years SPIN has been offering a range of creative services in the areas of:
On-Set and in Studio
On-Set Production Services
Location Capture &
3D Body Scanning
Concept & Visualization
Pitch, Pre, Post
Creature and Character
Massive /Crowd Duplication
Matte Painting / Environments
2D and 3D