Lead Environment Surfacing Artist
This is a full-time position based in the Dublin studio, and there is flexibility for remote working but applicants should be able to work in the Irish timezone as the studio.
Starting date: March 2023
- Work closely with the Art Director and CG Supervisor to establish creative and technical workflows that constantly strive to meet client and internal quality expectations for Environment and Prop Surfacing on the project.
- Oversee and manage the Environment Surfacing team to make sure that they meet the creative and technical requirements of the project.
- Create and implement textures and surfacing for environments and props based on the needs and determined look of a show.
- Review Environment Models and flag potential problems and solutions.
- Work closely with modelling department to create edge flows and retopology that meets the surfacing technical requirements
- Oversee client and internal notes, providing direction and feedback to the Environment Surfacing Team as required.
- Work closely with the Production Team in the management of the department, creating team schedules and setting tasks for the team as well as flagging any potential issues or delays.
- Attend client meetings and Review Calls as necessary.
- Work closely with the Art Director, CG Supervisor, Modelling Lead & Pipeline TD to establish efficient techniques, topology, naming and other conventions to optimize the environment surfacing process.
- Collaborate and maintain transparent communication with other department supervisors and leads.
- Support a collaborative and creative environment that produces awesome Giant projects. Including coaching and mentorship to members of your team.
- Create tools and scripts to increase efficiency in the department.
- Track tasks and meet production deadlines.
- 5+ years of professional experience in animation.
- At least 2 years of experience as Lead in the Animation or VFX industry.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced painting skills with a strong understanding of colour theory and application.
- Superior eye for light, shade, colour, and detail.
- Proficient in Maya, Nuke, Photoshop, Substance.
- Experience in UV mapping and texture layout using Maya.
- Knowledge of Redshift renderer.
- Great interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Shotgrid a plus.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Lead Environment Surfacing Artist Position”. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Based in the heart of Dublin City, we’re a team of award winning artists, production managers and technical wizards who are passionate about creating high quality and engaging content the whole world can enjoy.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.