Surfing Giant Studios
Surfing Giant Europe is looking for an experienced Lead Animator to join our talented team to work on a high-profile Disney Junior Series, “Hey A.J”, which will be appearing on the Disney Jr. Channel and Disney+.
The successful Lead Animator candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working on high profile animated series in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years.
- Toon Boom puppet animation experience is essential.
- Proficiency animating with rigs in Toon Boom Harmony software.
- To oversee 4 animators within the team and give constructive feedback.
- To review completed shots and complete a technical animation pass ensuring the characters are on model, hook-ups have been adhered to, poses have been matched and the animation brief has been followed.
- To assist the Animation Directors in assigning shots.
- Strong drawing ability.
- To assist the Animation Directors in creating an Animation bible for new members of the team.
- Experience with tracking and reviewing software.
- To highlight potential re-use and library content.
- To create approved animation cycles prior to full production commencing.
- To review the animation team alongside the Animation Directors.
- Be willing to take on constructive feedback.
- Have excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and good organisation skills.
- Report to the Animation Directors.
Please send applications while stating the role you are applying for & your full name in the SUBJECT box, along with link containing your most recent portfolio/CV. Tests may be required for applicants.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.