This is a fixed-term one-year contract. Ideally, you will be based in Ireland but this role is open to all artists who can work within a 4-hour time difference of the Irish timezone to allow for daily interaction and collaboration with the creative and production teams.
As a Lead Animator at Giant, you will be responsible for maintaining the level and style of character animation for an iconic production series. You will work closely and collaboratively with other departments to help improve and fix character setups, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality.
The Lead Animator should actively work with and guide the animation team on their project, ensuring animators are educated through all stages of production, passing on knowledge and methodology of best practices and techniques, while making sure the team is supported both artistically and technically throughout their time on the project.
- Work closely with the Animation Supervisor(s), Art Director, and CG Supervisor(s) to create high-quality, story-driven Animation based on the production style and overall show expectations
- Work closely with the Rigging and Pipeline departments providing suggestions and feedback to improve character setups, visual quality, rigs, and tool functionality that will benefit the Animation team(s)
- Show clear performance concepts and shot blocking in the Director’s review (Animation Dailies)
- Have a clear understanding of the performance, style, quality, continuity, technical, scheduling, and budgetary requirements of the Production
- Liaise with Production on task assignments and scheduling of the team, helping to plan assignments/shots/revisions in the context of the overall schedule and direction of a given episode
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor when providing or taking directions, undertaking revisions and altering approaches as required
- Support a collaborative and creative environment that produces awesome Giant projects with great teams
- Proven production experience in a Lead role or as a Co-Lead
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to confidently Lead a team
- Excellent time and team management skills
- Thorough knowledge of Maya
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can deliver high-quality results in a dynamic environment
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to support a diverse team
- Strong organizational skills and a good eye for detail
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Adept grasp of drawing and visual communication skills
- Solid understanding of Production and Technical resources
Based in the heart of Dublin City, we’re a team of award winning artists, production managers and technical wizards who are passionate about creating high quality and engaging content the whole world can enjoy.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.