Houdini & Maya CG Artist
Fifth Wall VFX
Are you a self-motivated commercially minded Mid-Weight CG Artist who loves creating VFX, Branded Content and Motion Graphics?
Fifth Wall is an award-winning CG & VFX Studio based in St Albans. We rely on talented and enthusiastic artists to help us create amazing content for some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are looking for a Mid-weight CG Artist who will bring energy, ideas, a strong understanding of 2D and 3D design, and a working knowledge of compositing. Your tools of choice are Houdini and Maya.
In our agile team, we work both independently and under direction. Flexibility, creativity and personal responsibility are key.
- You have 4 years commercial/ short form experience.
- You have 2 years + Houdini experience.
- You understand different delivery formats (TVC, Print, Social Media.)
- You value creative ownership of the projects you lead.
- You can adapt your pipeline - we tailor our approach on a project-by-project basis.
- You have experience working as part of a small team of artists.
- You are keen to offer the team suggestions or insights which can benefit the company as a whole.
- You have experience working directly with clients and presenting creative solutions.
- You can provide accurate time estimates for tasks.
- You are as happy building an animatic from a storyboard as you are creating procedural effects in Houdini.
- You like short, fast turnaround projects and get huge satisfaction delivering on schedule and budget for a happy client.
- We are a small team – everyone’s voice is heard and new ideas are encouraged.
- We work on interesting projects with great people.
- We are creative problem solvers, innovators and are curious about industry developments.
- We encourage Personal Creative Development in downtime.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Our main creative tools are Maya, Houdini, Substance, Z-Brush and Redshift. For this role we are looking for someone who can bring Houdini expertise. You should also have knowledge of After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Hours of work: 9.30am – 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire (Studio based)
- Salary: Circa £40k Depending on experience.
Please send a cover letter, CV and Portfolio to apply.
Following an initial phone/ zoom interview, selected candidates will be asked to complete a small project test as part of the application process. On review of these, successful candidates will then be invited to a face-to-face interview.
Applications close on 20th March 2023.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.