Houdini FX Artist
Plastic Wax seeks and experienced and highly skilled Houdini FX Artist to join us on an exciting project!
Contract: Freelance Contract
No VISA sponsorship offered
- Design and create high quality, photo-real effects (fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
- Work closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline
- Produce look tests based on provided reference materials
- Take direction from the VFX Supervisor, Producer and FX Lead
- Comfortable with art directed simulations such as particles, cloth and fluids (smoke and water)
- Experience as an FX Artist creating photo-real effects elements for feature films, television series’ and/or AAA game cinematics
- Degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts or equivalent production experience
- Degree in Game Development a plus
- Experienced in any/all of the following: rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering and fluid dynamics (smoke and water)
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Experience developing/creating Realtime FX a definite plus
- Requires strong technical and communication skills within a show structure
- Firm understanding of effects production pipelines
Software Experience Required: Houdini, Redshift
Other software: Nuke, After Effects
Programming language (Preferred but not Essential): VEX, Python
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for the role, please submit your application on Zerply
If you have issues applying via this method please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you advise the following
- your availability
- showreel/portfolio link
- day rate AUD or USD
- current location
- right to work in Australia/Visa Status and any relevant information
We will contact you if your application is shortlisted.
No phone calls or agencies please
2021 Winner AEAF- BRONZE for Games Trailers
2020 Winner AEAF- GOLD for Games Trailers
2019 Winner AEAF – SILVER for Games Trailers
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards
Based in Sydney, Australia and established in 1997; Plastic Wax has produced a wide range of award winning trailers for games, television and film. Some notable works include; Bioshock Infinite, Saints Row 3, Darksiders 2, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Tomb Raider, Civilization V, Fallout: New Vegas and Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
The company boasts a state of the art 24 camera Vicon MX40 in house motion capture system, and a 500 machine dedicated render farm.
Plastic Wax has seen considerable growth over the past decade and is now considered one of the worlds leading CG trailer and cinematic studios.