GLSL/HLSL Shader Developer
About the Company
Synthesis AI enables the world’s most advanced AI companies to build more powerful and ethical computer vision. The company’s synthetic data and simulation platform was recently recognized as a Top 10 Breakthrough Technology by MIT Tech Review and ranked #4 on Fast Company’s Global List of Most Innovative Small Companies. Synthesis AI is an ambitious team of technologists, researchers, creatives, and product designers driving a paradigm change in AI.
Through a proprietary combination of generative neural networks and cinematic CGI pipelines, Synthesis’ on-demand platform creates vast amounts of perfectly-labeled image data to train AI models at orders of magnitude increased speed and reduced cost.
Current customers include Fortune 10 companies, top smartphone manufacturers, global technology enterprises, and leading AR/VR/metaverse companies.
Learn more about Synthesis AI here.
About the Job
Synthesis AI is looking for a Mid to Senior Technical Artist for both Unreal and Unity-based initiatives in creating complex and dynamic worlds populated with wide varieties of AI-driven characters. As part of the Technical Art team, you will be integrally involved in building and maintaining real-time solutions and toolsets in Unreal/Unity. In addition to technical skills, applicants must have clear communication skills and be able to thrive in a fully remote team environment.
The impact you will have:
- Researching and developing novel new real-time shader-based visualization capabilities in game engines
- Researching and developing highly proceduralized shaders capable of interacting with scene data
- Identifying opportunities for reusable shader and material approaches for broad types of 3D asset classes
- Authoring standard and custom PBR-based materials
- Work closely with engineering and art departments on cross-team projects
What we look for:
- At least 3 years of game engine experience in a relevant role
- Experience building PBR materials in multiple DCCs/game engines
- Experience writing custom shaders using HLSL or GLSL
- Experience with various Unity/Unreal features:
- Creating custom post-process effects and shaders
- Maintaining custom shader workflows that allow programmatic access to materials
- Render pipeline configuration and optimization
- Unreal Material Networks, Unity Shader Graph
- Knowledge and experience with verticals in both Unreal and Unity engines
- Ability to light and render in Unreal Engine (baked and fully dynamic lighting)
- Experience or understanding of CG production pipelines
- Health insurance coverage for employees, including vision, dental, and family coverage
- Extended vacation time
- Parental leave
- Competitive salary
- Remote flexibility