Environment Surfacing & Digital Painting Artist Position
Initially, this is a short-term contract for approximately 8 weeks, but there’s the possibility of an extension at the end of the term, and can be a remote working position.
Ideally artists will be based in Ireland, however, the role is open to all artists, but applicants must be able to work within a 4 hour time difference of the Irish timezone to allow for daily interaction with the Creative and production teams.
- Under the leadership of the Environment Surfacing Lead, Art Director and CG supervisors, create and implement textures and surfacing for Environments and Props based on the needs and determined look of a show
- Create UV layouts for Environment Models
- Collaborate with modeling, rigging, lighting, and effects teams to troubleshoot creative and technical issues when required
- Paint 2D parts of sets such as grass, shrubs, and other exterior elements
- Quality check that all texture and surfacing elements are final, approved and ready for the lighting department
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from leads and or supervisors in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way
- Communicate with Production Team and CG Supervisor on concerns ahead of time
- Balance quick turnarounds with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality
- Participate in reviews as required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Environment Surfacing
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Advanced painting skills with a strong understanding of colour theory and application.
- Superior eye for light, shade, colour, and detail
- Examples of Environment painting in the portfolio, such as Trees and Grass.
- Proficient in Maya, Nuke, Photoshop, Substance
- Experience in UV mapping and texture layout using Maya.
- Knowledge of Redshift renderer
Please send us an email to apply – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Environment Surfacing & Digital Painting Artist Position”.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Based in the heart of Dublin City, we’re a team of award winning artists, production managers and technical wizards who are passionate about creating high quality and engaging content the whole world can enjoy.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.