Milford Animation Studios
Just as our created characters are bold, happy, mischievous or any other traits we have given them, our environments need to communicate a sense of attitudes as well. Breathing life into worlds is a passion we share at Milford. We are always looking for talent who are passionate about character driven story telling and who sees environments as an important part of the overall tone, look & feel.
We are now seeking a mid to senior level environment artist to join our team in Stockholm to create immersive and vivid worlds. You will work closely with supervisor and producer to determine optimal approaches for different projects and work closely with other departments to ensure an efficient workflow and high quality output throughout the pipeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Model and texture detailed environments and assets according to concept art and/or references
- Ensure that environment assets are high quality while staying within the production’s parameters, pipeline and schedule
- Knowledgeable in environment modeling workflows
- Keen eye for geography, architecture and the laws of physics
- Strong understanding of visual language such as texture, dimension, color, lighting, shade, scale, perspective, depth of field and proportion.
- Intricate understanding of Maya’s modeling toolset.
- Experience creating textures and surfacing in Substance Painter and zBrush.
- Knowledge of SpeedTree toolset is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment.
- Creative problem solving and adaptability skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as being a great team player.
Bringing characters to life is in our DNA. Bold, shy, humorous, scary or whatever traits that are necessary for a character to tell her or his story in a believable way are a natural part of our everyday life as an animation studio. We have created thousands of characters over the years and all of them with personal depth and attitude to give that extra touch to storytelling.