As Australia’s full-service post-production provider, Cutting Edge provides a complete post-experience under one roof. Cutting Edge has worked on some of the most iconic Australian and International feature films and television series between their studios in Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.
The VFX Compositor integrates all the elements of a visual effects plan and works closely with the VFX Supervisor and the Compositing Supervisor
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- Perform high-complexity digital image composition tasks;
- Determine the best possible techniques and creative approaches in collaboration
- with the VFX Supervisor and the Compositing Supervisor;
- Solve visual, artistic and technical problems when possible or transmit the
- information to the department concerned (modelling, texture, 3D lighting, etc.);
- Ensure the consistency of the final composition of the elements of a visual effects
- Harmonise the creative and technical aspects of each of the shots;
- Presents 2D, 3D elements by fine-tuning the finish to produce photo-realistic images
- that meet the high quality standards of the industry;
- Supervise and advise less experienced digital composition artists, share knowledge
- and techniques;
- Respect deadlines by managing your time efficiently.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a VFX Studio
- Excellent knowledge of Nuke
- Mastery of photographic shooting including knowledge of color, light (reflection,
- refraction, shadows), perspective and composition.
- Enthusiastic with a creative mind
- Autonomous with a good sense of initiative
- Diligent and rigorous with strong attention to details
- Comfortable in a changing environment and under pressure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Dynamic work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines.
With us, ideas and craft come first. We have one of the strongest, most inspiring creative teams in the country, and they like nothing more than partnering with our clients throughout the creative process. They bring a refreshing sense of flexibility, versatility and adaptability to every project, along with an ideal mix of talents that are closely matched to the new world demands of VFX and post. And that’s just what you need from a powerful, high-end visual effects shop, right?
Our studios are in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and the Gold Coast. Walk into any one of them and it will feel like a creative boutique with a clear focus on our specialties and your needs. It’s also reassuring to know that each studio is backed up by our national network: with one of the largest talent pools in the country, we can match the very best artists from across the group to your specific project.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.