Refuge Visual Effects
In the land of craft beer, craft coffee and craft doughnuts, we craft the visual effects of film and television. Refuge uses tools of science to make pieces of art. A CG-focused visual effects studio in Portland, OR, we are a self-described “Monster Shop” specializing in the creation of creatures, FX, and the world building that bring these shows to life.
FREELANCE NUKE COMPOSITOR
Refuge currently has opportunities for Nuke Compositors of all skill levels. Ideal candidates can fall anywhere from recent graduates who are continuing to master their art to someone with a several years of experience under their belt compositing for TV and film. Open positions are contract-based, starting late summer 2022.
Relocation assistance possible for the right candidates. Successful applicants will be asked to show proof of employment eligibility in the United States upon hiring.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Fluency in Nuke Software is required.
- A knack for seamlessly layering CG elements and/or live action plates to produce immersive, believable scenes.
- Proven knowledge of chromakey extraction, 2D/3D tracking, 2.5D strategies, color theory, color correction, photography and practical lighting, and related techniques.
- Willingness to tackle paint fixes, rotoscoping, and tracking tasks as necessary.
- Strong communication skills. Clear, reliable, and effective communication with your supervisor and teammates are essential. Ideal candidates are also willing to provide guidance to less-experienced teammates.
- The ability to work self-sufficiently within a fast-paced production pipeline, combining creative problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skill with a critical eye for detail to consistently deliver high-quality results.
- We want artists who can take supervisor direction, accurately estimate time and scope of work, and effectively prioritize tasks to finish shots on time.
- Knowledge of input/output workflows, with an understanding of editorial best practices.
- Residency in the state of Oregon and Portland, specifically, is strongly preferred, but offsite work is possible with our current remote work pipeline. (A relocation assistance package may be provided for the right candidates.)
- This position would be for immediate hire. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and reel as part of your application.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS IS CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Shotgrid Asset tracking software
- Mocha Pro
- Adobe Premiere
- Davinci Resolve
- After Effects