FuseFX has an opening in Los Angeles! We have opportunities at our studio for experienced and talented Nuke Compositors with a background in television and/or feature film VFX.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. Founded in 2006, the company employs 800+ personnel across eight studio locations and three brands. Our flagship studio is in Los Angeles, CA, with locations in New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota studios are serviced by FOLKS VFX, who joined FuseFX in 2020. The Adelaide, Australia studio is serviced by Rising Sun Pictures, who joined FuseFX in 2021.
- Integrate various layers or elements of live-action photography and CG into a seamless VFX shot
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Determine appropriate element selection from studio’s library and engage in a dialogue with CG department on layers required for comp.
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with CG artists assigned to the same shots.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Compositors may be called on to perform R&D and look-dev and build shot templates.
- They should be comfortable handling paint fixes, rotoscoping, and performing 2D/3D camera and plate tracking.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards.
Traits of a successful FuseFX Compositor:
- Strong technical knowledge of Nuke and Compositing at an expert level.
- Live action and CG visual effects compositing experience, including but not limited to Blue/Green screens, keying, 2.5D techniques and CG integration.
- Thorough working knowledge of compositing workflows for photoreal VFX, coupled with a understanding of photography and practical lighting
- Familiarity with best practices of a VFX studio including directory structures, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, and dailies.
- Experience embracing the balance of quality and time constraints.
- Strong understanding of color theory, chroma-screen keying, rotoscoping, tracking, and grain management.
- Knowledge of the following programs considered a plus:
- After Effects
- Final Cut Pro
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
FuseFX, Inc., a Los Angeles-based visual effects company, was founded by David Altenau in 2006. Initially, the company provided visual effects for a handful of network episodic productions and commercials. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the operation as partners. The company expanded, opened new offices in Burbank, and added infrastructure and personnel to offer services on multiple major episodic television programs as well as visual effects for feature films and commercials.
Since its inception, FuseFX has established itself as a key player in VFX for television, as well as increasing work on feature film productions. FuseFX has approximately 30 employees and consistently has 10 to 12 active television shows in production at any one time, as well as various commercials and feature film projects. The company relies on a highly refined pipeline and highly experienced team of artists utilizing Autodesk 3DS Max for all 3D animation and effects, and The Foundry’s Nuke for compositing.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.