FuseFX is seeking a talented and experienced CG Generalist, with a background in television and/or feature film VFX, to join our creative team in Los Angeles!
The CG Generalist will work collaboratively with the VFX Supervisors, CG Supervisors and VFX Producers on a variety of 3D work on multiple projects.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. Founded in 2006, the company employs 800+ personnel across eight studio locations and three brands. Our flagship studio is in Los Angeles, CA, with locations in New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota studios are serviced by FOLKS VFX, who joined FuseFX in 2020. The Adelaide, Australia studio is serviced by Rising Sun Pictures, who joined FuseFX in 2021.
- Deliver consistent high-quality aesthetic/technical work and communicate effectively with CG Supervisors and artists
- Perform a diverse array of 3D disciplines (i.e. animation, modelling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, particle simulation, and tracking) in a fast-paced production environment
- Work effectively with the team to problem solve creative and technical issues on assigned shots
Traits of a successful FuseFX CG Generalist:
- High level technical knowledge of various CG disciplines with 5+ years’ experience in a production environment
- Proficient in Maya and Vray Rendering System
- Successfully execute all necessary assigned tasks with a positive attitude while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards
- Strong knowledge of full CG lighting/characters/environments
- Experience in asset generation, modelling and texturing
- Previous experience with dynamic and fluid FX, rigid bodies, and Python scripting a plus
- Knowledge of real-world photography and camera techniques with an understanding of lighting principles and color theory
- Photo-real shader development using the latest HDRI, GI, and normal mapping techniques
- Working knowledge of several of the following tools:
- Maya (proficient)
- 3DS Max
- Substance Painter/Designer
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
FuseFX, Inc., a Los Angeles-based visual effects company, was founded by David Altenau in 2006. Initially, the company provided visual effects for a handful of network episodic productions and commercials. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the operation as partners. The company expanded, opened new offices in Burbank, and added infrastructure and personnel to offer services on multiple major episodic television programs as well as visual effects for feature films and commercials.
Since its inception, FuseFX has established itself as a key player in VFX for television, as well as increasing work on feature film productions. FuseFX has approximately 30 employees and consistently has 10 to 12 active television shows in production at any one time, as well as various commercials and feature film projects. The company relies on a highly refined pipeline and highly experienced team of artists utilizing Autodesk 3DS Max for all 3D animation and effects, and The Foundry’s Nuke for compositing.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.