Contract CFX Artist (REMOTE or IN-House)
Brazen Animation is seeking CFX artists with strong technical ability, outstanding creative vision, and passion for our craft. We are looking for someone with great communication skills and a passion for creating beautiful imagery! We are looking for an enthusiastic collaborator willing to work closely with peers on a daily basis to create and execute the Director’s vision of fur and cloth on the production..
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and maintain all department documentation of current pipeline and techniques
- Prepares the assets for cloth simulation, including and not limited to creating the cloth simulation rig for the asset.
- Run realistic and stylized cloth shot simulations in a production environment
- Performs corrective shapes and sculpting fixes for cloth simulation in shot
- Rendering and QC of cloth elements
- Procedurally groom hair and fur using XGen.
- Prepares the approved groom for animation rigging.
- Prepares the approved groom for simulation, including and not limited to creating the fur simulation rig for the asset.
- Run realistic and stylized fur simulations in a production environment
- QC of fur elements
- Experience with multiple types of cloth solvers such as nCloth, Syflex, Vellum or Qualoth.
- Knowledge of the physics of motion and timing, cloth and hair motion.
- Strong knowledge of ncloth, nhair, or other comparable packages.
- Strong understanding of current grooming systems and techniques.
- Strong understanding with xGen or other grooming packages.
- Able to troubleshoot.
- 3 years of experience in film/animation/vfx
- Degree/diploma in fine arts/computer science or equivalent experience
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of mel, python, or other scripting language is a plus.
- Able to work independently and advance towards asset/shot approval with minimal daily supervision
- Demo reel demonstrating abilities with shot breakdown
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.